Sustainable, Eco-Friendly & Green
What You Can Do
Would you like to adopt more environmentally friendly practices? Incorporating eco-friendly choices and habits into your daily routine is easier than you think and rewarding, too.
Check out this list of environmental organizations to learn more.
Have a greater hand in a healthier environment:
- Estimate your household's greenhouse gas emissions: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Support environmentally friendly products with your spending: The Environmental Working Group
- Find certified sustainable products and services for your home and office: EPA Safer Choice, Green Seal
- Find a place to take hard-to-recycle items: Earth911.com
- Compare the environmental impacts of choosing different kinds of paper: Environmental Paper Network paper calculator
- Find ways to save energy in your house: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Energy Star program
- Find out what's in your cosmetics and personal care products: Environmental Working Group "Skin Deep" cosmetic safety database
- Determine which organice produce to purchase: Environmental Working Group Shopper's Guide to Pesticides
- Buy food grown and produced in your area: Local Harvest
- Find out which types of seafood are sustainable and best to eat: Seafood Watch