Use the search tool to find the forms and information you need. Or scan the list of forms below.
Drug claims & reimbursements, special medicine requests
APPOINTMENT OF REPRESENTATIVE
Appoint a person to file a grievance, request a coverage determination, or request an appeal on your behalf.
If additional help is needed, call: 1-800-633-4227.
1) You and the person accepting the appointment must fill out this form and submit it with the request.
2) Your doctor may request: a coverage determination, redetermination, or Independent Review Entity (IRE) reconsideration, on your behalf, without having to be an appointed representative.
3) Send this form to the same address where you are sending your: appeal, grievance, initial determination, or decision.
For Medicare Advantage Medical Claims Only. May be called: Health Insurance Claim, Medical Claim Form.
1. You must submit a copy of your receipt(s) and an itemized bill from your provider.
The itemized bill should include the provider’s name, address, and the types of services provided.
2. All expenses for 1 patient can be submitted with the same claim form.
You must use a separate claim form for each patient.
3. Use blue/black ink and do not use highlighters.
Use this form to submit requests for repayment for health care provided by out-of-network providers.
Mail this form and required documentation to:
P.O. Box 1068
Pittsburgh, PA 15230-1068
May be called: CMS Coverage Determination Provider Form, Medicare Coverage Determination.
1. This form cannot be used to request Medicare non-covered drugs.
2. Medicare non-covered drugs includes:
barbiturates, benzodiazepines, fertility drugs, prescription weight loss medication, weight gain or hair growth, over-the-counter drugs, or prescription vitamins (except prenatal vitamins and fluoride preparations).
3. This form cannot be used to request biotech or other specialty drugs for which drug-specific forms are required.
You, your appointed representative, or your doctor may use this form to request a coverage determination, including an exception, from a plan sponsor, for your Medicare Part D Coverage.
Mail this form to:
ATTN: Medicare Part D
P.O. Box 14718
Lexington, KY 40512-4718
Or, fax this form to: 1-608-741-5483
May be called: Request for Prescription Medication for Hospice.
1. This form covers drugs that should not be covered under the Medicare Part A Hospice Benefit.
2. Submit a separate form for each medication.
3. Signature of hospice representative or prescriber is required.
Use this form to request coverage of medications for individuals in hopsice care.
Mail this form to:
Medical Managment & Policy
120 Fifth Avenuce, MC P4207
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
May be called: General Prescription, Vaccine Administration.
1. Fill in the cardholder information section completely.
2. If Medicare Part D is your primary prescription drug coverage, then skip section 2.
3. You should keep detailed notes on pharmacy and doctor information.
This form can be used to request reimbursement for prescription drugs purchased without using your Member ID card.
Mail this form and documentation to:
Or, fax this form and documentation to: 1-608-741-5483
May be called: Medicare Prescription Coverage Request.
1. Your prescriber may ask for coverage determination, on your behalf
2. If you want another individual (such as a family member or friend) to make a request for you, that individual must be your representative.
3. You should keep detailed notes on pharmacy, diagnosis, and doctor information.
You, your appointed representative, or your doctor may use this form to request a coverage determination, including an exception, from a plan sponsor.
Mail this form and documentation to:
Medical Management & Policy
120 Fifth Avenue
Mail code P4207
Or, fax this form and documentation to: 1-866-240-8123
May be called: CMS Redetermination Request Form.
1. You have 60 days from the date of our Notice of Denial of Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage to ask for a redetermination.
2. Your doctor may ask us for an appeal on your behalf.
3. If you want another individual (such as a family member or friend) to request an appeal for you, that individual must be your representative.
You, your appointed representative, or your doctor may use this form to request a redetermination (appeal) from a plan sponsor.
Appeals & Grievance Department
P.O. Box 535047
Pittsburgh PA 15253-5047
Or, fax this form and documentation to: 1-717-635-4209
Claims and reimbursement, records transfer, and more.
May be called: Authorization to Release Health Plan Information.
1. In most cases, Highmark is the "Releasor."
2. You should set a time span of the form.
If you don't, this authorization ends in 1 year.
3. You will need detailed information on the person/entity who will receive your information.
Share information about your health plan coverage or claims with whomever you choose.
P.O. Box 890035
Camp Hill, PA 17089-0035
May be called: Family Health Planning Reimbursement Claim.
1. You must have active medical coverage when you take the class.
2. You need to attend at least 75% of the classes.
Teacher's signature is required as proof.
3. To verify your payment, you need to include copies of all receipts.
Get reimbursed up to $65 for going to Childbirth Education Classes.
Mail this form with receipt to:
Attn: Childbirth Education Class
May be called: COB, Other Insurance.
Coordination of Benefits
1. The information you provide is private. It will only be used for claims.
2. You will need detailed information on the policy holder and their coverage.
Have more than on insurance plan? Tell us about all of your insurance coverage here so that the right plan gets billed the correct amount.
PO Box 890384
Camp Hill, PA 17011-9732
May be called: International Health Insurance Claim.
1. You must submit copies of receipts and medical records, if available.
2. Complete all fields.
Mark fields "N/A" if you have nothing to enter.
3. If you have an outstanding balance, this form also has payment instructions.
Use this form to file a claim for health care that you get outside of the U.S., Puerto Rico, and/or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
P.O. Box 2048
Southeastern, PA 19399
Or, email this form and copies of documentation to: email@example.com
May be called: Medical Records Transfer.
1. You do not submit this form to Highmark directly.
2. If a personal representative must sign, attach documentation of representation (e.g., Power of Attorney, Legal Guardianship).
3. You will need detailed mailing information for the recipient and sender.
Share your health history with the doctor/practice you select. Submit this form when you want to move your medical records from one doctor/practice to another.
Give this completed form to the doctor/practice sending the medical information.
May be called: Health Insurance Claim, Medical Claim Form.
1. You must submit copies of receipts.
You will also need detailed notes on doctor, care, transportation, and medication to help you itemize your bill.
3. Use black/blue ink and do not use highlighters.
Please write in all capital letters.
This is one of the most commonly submitted forms. Use it to process requests for repayment for out-of-network health care.
P.O. Box 890173
Camp Hill, PA 17089-0173
May be called: Major Medical Claim, Major Medical Health Insurance Plan Claim.
You will also need detailed information on your doctor and care, to help itemize your bill.
2. If you have an Explanation of Benefits, attach it with other documentation.
3. All expenses for 1 patient can be submitted with the same claim form.
Use this form to file a claim if you have Major Medical Insurance.
Highmark Major Medical
P.O. Box 890393
Camp Hill PA 17089-0393
1) You must submit a copy of your receipt(s) and an itemized bill from your provider.
2) All expenses for 1 patient can be submitted with the same claim form.
3) Use blue/black ink and do not use highlighters.
Enroll in online E-bill, or set up Electronic Funds Transfers, to automatically pay your monthly insurance bill.
May be called: Regional Premium Payment Form.
1. Choose eBill.
To use this feature, sign up online.
2. Choose EFT.
To use this feature sign up through the mail.
3. It takes 6-8 weeks for EFT set up and you must continue to pay your premium payments by another method during this time.
Sign up to safely and automatically pay your health insurance bill. Save time by using either eBill or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
Mail EFT Form to:
Highmark Enrollment Department
P.O. Box 382185
Pittsburgh, PA 15251-8185
Claims and reimbursement.
Explains what is/isn't covered when repairing/replacing your eyeglasses/contact lenses.
May be called: Vision Claim & Reimbursement Form, Davis Vision Insurance Claim, Out-of-Network Vision Reimbursement Claim.
1. Claim expenses include examinations and/or eyewear.
2. You must submit copies of receipts.
You will also need detailed treatment notes.
Get repayment for vision care received outside of the Davis Vision network.
Vision Care Processing Unit
P.O. Box 1525
Latham, NY 12110
Claims, mail order, reimbursement, special medicine requests, and more.
May be called: Mail Order Claim, RX/Prescription Mail Order Claim, Express Scripts Mail Order Claim.
1. Check that your doctor has prescribed the maximum days' supply allowed by your plan (not a 30-day supply), plus refills for up to 1 year, if appropriate.
This form helps you save money and time by having medication delivered to your front door.
Mail these forms to the corresponding addresses:
Home Delivery Order Form (A)
P.O. Box 66577
St. Louis, MO 63166-6577
Health Allergy & Medication Questionnaire (B)
HMQ Processing Center
P.O. Box 66773
St. Louis, MO 63166-6773
May be called: Electronic Prescription Transfer, Express Scripts Mail Order Fax Form.
1. Have your doctor complete this form.
2. Have your doctor fax the form to our mail order pharmacy, on your behalf.
3. Keep your insurance information on hand.
May be called: Medication Reimbursement Claim, Retail Prescription Claim.
1. You must complete a separate claim form for each pharmacy used and for each patient.
2. You must submit claims within 1 year of purchase date, or as required by your plan.
3. You must submit copies of receipts.
You will also need detailed prescription information. Tape, do not staple, receipts to this form. Tape receipts to an additional piece of paper, if you have more than 3 receipts.
Use this form when you have paid full price for a prescription drug at a retail pharmacy.
1. Complete all fields to submit.
2. You will be contacted by phone after your request is processed.
3. You will need your doctor's contact information.
May be called: Prescription Drug Medication, Prescription Request.
1. The prescribing physician (PCP or Specialist) should, in most cases, complete the form. You must send it.
2. Submit a separate form for each medication requested.
3. Provide the physician address used for notification, not just the regular mailing address (they may be the same).
Some drugs require a medical review by your health plan before you can fill a prescription. Pharmacists call this a "prior authorization." Make this process easy by bringing this form with you to your appointment.
120 Fifth Avenue, MC P4207,
Or, fax this form to: 1-866-240-8123
ATTN: Commercial Claims
P.O. Box 14711
Lexington, KY 40512-4711
Or, fax this form to: 1-608-741-5475
1. The prescribing physician (PCP or Specialist) should, in most cases, complete the form.
You must send it. Be sure to bring it to your appointment.
Specialty drugs are used to treat complex and/or chronic conditions. Use this form to request access to high-end drugs.
120 Fifth Avenue, MC P4207
May be called: Exemption from Alternative Therapy Request.
1. Requires verification that you have tried an alternative therapy first.
2. Or, requires your doctor to give documentation for why you can't take the alternative therapy.
3. Step therapy may include select over-the-counter products.
May be called: Shingles Vaccine Drug Claim.
1. All expenses for 1 patient can be submitted with the same claim form.
2. You must submit copies of your receipts.
3. You do not have to itemize prescription drug expenses if you receive one from your pharmacy. That printout must include the pharmacist's stamp and signature.
Not all doctors carry the shingles vaccine Zostavax. If you purchased the vaccine, and took it to your doctor to administer the shot, you can request payment with this form.
Highmark Blue Shield
P.O. Box 890062
Camp Hill, PA 17089-0062
May be called: United Concordia Health Claim, Out-of-Network Dental Reimbursement Claim.
1. You will need detailed information for the dentist, including their license number.
2. Keep records of the treatment, costs, and payment/receipts.
3. Have your dental insurance plan information handy.
Get repayment for out-of-network dental care.
Address on back of your Member ID Card
® Highmark is a registered mark of Highmark, Inc. © 2021 Highmark Inc., All Rights Reserved ® Blue Cross, Blue Shield and the Cross and Shield symbols are registered service marks of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, an association of independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans.
Important Legal Information: Health care benefit programs are issued or administered by Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, Highmark Choice Company, Highmark Health Insurance Company, Highmark Coverage Advantage, Highmark Benefits Group, First Priority Health, First Priority Life or Highmark Senior Health Company, all of which are independent licensees of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, an association of independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans. Information on this website is issued by Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield on behalf of these companies, which serve 29 counties in western Pennsylvania and 13 counties in northeastern and north central Pennsylvania.
References to “Highmark” are references to Highmark Inc., an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, and/or to one or more of its affiliated Blue companies.