Your D-SNP Hearing Benefits
Evaluations, like diagnostic hearing and balance tests to help decide if you need medical treatment, are covered as outpatient care when done by your:
- Other qualified provider
You may also have a $0 copay for some hearing services. Please check your D-SNP Evidence of Coverage (EOC) for details.
Highmark Wholecare D-SNP members will have one routine hearing exam with a TruHearing provider covered each year. To make an appointment, you can call TruHearing at 1-844-763-4240 (for TTY, dial 711).
Up to two (one for each ear) TruHearing branded hearing aids are covered with your D-SNP.
Hearing Aid Benefits
If you need hearing aids, here are some things to know:
- Your D-SNP plan has its own set of rules for how often you can get new hearing aids. Please check your D-SNP EOC for hearing aid timing.
- You must see a TruHearing provider to use this benefit. Call 1-844-763-4240 to schedule your appointment (for TTY, dial 711).
- Hearing aid benefits are limited to TruHearing’s Select Advanced and Premium hearing aids which are available in many styles and colors.
- Ear molds and hearing aid accessories are not covered.
Hearing Aid Purchases
When you buy TruHearing hearing aids, your purchase includes:
- Unlimited follow-up provider visits within first year for fitting and adjustment services
- 60-day trial period
- Three-year extended warranty for replacement or repair of lost or damaged hearing aids
- Rechargeable model or 80 batteries per aid plus an additional box containing 120 batteries for non-rechargeable model
Note, if you buy items that aren’t covered by your D-SNP you’ll pay for the cost upfront.