Drug & Safety Recalls

What do I do if I am currently taking one of these drugs?

If you are currently taking any of these medications, Highmark Wholecare will contact you and your physician.

You can also take these steps if you think you took something that has been recalled:

  1. Call your doctor right away to discuss a safe and effective alternative. 
  2. If you have questions about how to properly dispose of the drug, call the pharmacy that filled the drug for help.

Your doctor will be able to answer your questions about how this may or may not have an effect on your health. There are covered alternatives that may be available to replace the drug that has been recalled. If your doctor has questions about coverage of an alternative drug that has been or will be prescribed for you, your doctor can call our pharmacy services department.

For more information regarding drug and safety recalls, visit the FDA website