Jefferson Awards for Public Service
The Jefferson Awards, founded in 1972 by Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Senator Robert Taft, Jr., and Sam Beard, is America's top honor for public service. For 46 years, the Jefferson Awards have honored a who's who of American change makers and more than 50,000 community volunteers. They are considered the country's longest standing and most prestigious organization dedicated to activating and celebrating public service.
The Jefferson Awards Foundation engages, trains, recognizes and measures the impact of public service by Americans of all ages, with special focus on America's companies and their employees through their Champions program.
Highmark: A certified Jefferson Awards Foundation outstanding employee volunteer organization
Since 2007, Highmark has had the opportunity to distinguish and honor outstanding volunteers throughout our company through the Jefferson Awards Foundation.
Highmark’s commitment to our communities through our Highmark Health Caring Corps. volunteers is felt not only throughout Pennsylvania, but also in West Virginia, Delaware, and across the country through our diversified businesses.
Highmark is the very first organization in the country to receive certification from the Jefferson Awards Foundation as an outstanding employee volunteer organization. As a Jefferson Awards Foundation certified company, Highmark is recognized as adhering to the highest standards and best practices in employee volunteerism.
At Highmark, a commitment to the community is one of our core values. Just like our company, our employees are known to be leaders in their communities. They are people our children admire and look to for guidance and advice. They are team players who, despite their busy schedules, somehow find the time to lend a hand to someone in need.
With thousands of hours committed to community programs each year, the spirit of employee volunteerism is alive and contagious at Highmark. We are proud of our employees' dedication and service as they continue to make a meaningful and positive impact on the minds and hearts of our communities.
Jefferson Awards Video
Highmark's Past Jefferson Award Winners
- 2018 Jefferson Award Winners
- 2017 Jefferson Award Winners
- 2016 Jefferson Award Winners
- 2015 Jefferson Award Winners
- 2014 Jefferson Award Winners
- Highmark Health honors 12 employees for public service at 12th Annual Jefferson Awards Ceremony (April 24, 2018)
- Twelve Highmark Health employees named Jefferson Awards winners for public service (April 27, 2017)
- Highmark Health employees named Jefferson Awards winners for public service (April 28, 2016)
- Twelve Highmark Health employees are named Jefferson Awards winners for public service (April 27, 2015)
- Twelve employees of Highmark Inc. and affiliated companies recognized with prestigious Jefferson Award for Public Service for performing volunteer work in their communities (April 24, 2014)