Highmark Delaware BluePrints for the Community
In 2007, Highmark Delaware established BluePrints for the Community, a grant program to help address the issues faced by Delaware's uninsured and underserved populations. The program was established as a donor-advised fund at the Delaware Community Foundation, a nonprofit organization that manages and administers charitable funds throughout Delaware. Since its inception, the grant program has awarded 69 grants, totaling more than $10 million, to 50 organizations.
The grant program focuses on:
- Increasing access to health care for the uninsured/underserved
- Reducing health disparities in minority communities
- Supporting early childhood development with initiatives focused on health
- Recruiting and training health care professionals.
Request for FundingFor consideration complete the BluePrints letter of intention by the following dates:
- January 15 to be considered for funding beginning on July 1
- July 15 to be considered for funding beginning on January 1