What's New at Highmark Inc.
Enjoy your vacation this summer while maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Now that summer has arrived, it's time to hit the road for a family vacation. Whether you spend time on the beach, at an amusement park, or climbing mountains, vacations are fun and provide a lifetime of memories.
Eating healthy and exercising may be the last thing on your mind, but wth a little planning, you can maintain a healthy lifestyle. Here are a few tips to help you:
- Drink water frequently to stay hydrated.
- If flying, walk around the airport while waiting to board the plane.
- Pack healthy snacks such as almonds, fresh fruit, trail mix, etc.
- Pack workout clothes, tennis shoes, and exercise bands.
- Take frequent breaks while driving to stretch.
- Use the gym at your hotel.
Dining at new restaurants is part of the vacation experience. But in our relaxed state, it’s easy to let our good eating habits slide. Here are some tips to help you make the right decisions when eating out:
- Ask for dressings and sauces to be put on the side.
- Downsize meals by sharing an entrée or asking for a smaller portion.
- Select foods that are steamed, roasted, or broiled.
- Substitute French fries for a side salad or vegetables.
Additional health and wellness informationIf you're a Highmark member, you have access to a secure, members-only website that provides information about traveling throughout summer.
To access your Highmark member website, select the service region noted on your member ID card. After logging in, select the "Health & Wellness" tab and type "travel" in the search field.